It's that time of year where we frantically frock up for the fillys and enjoy the race that stops the nation. But are you glow ready? Here are my natural beauty tips to get that celeb glow and look top notch as a fox.
1. Start prepping your skin now by beginning a dry brushing routine. Choose a natural fibre brush such as those made out of coconut jute, like the Eco Max Coconut Face and Body Brush. The once-a-week simple process requires lightly brushing the skin in a direction towards the heart starting from your legs and working your way up. Not only is it detoxing, it also removes all your hibernation layer of dead skin cells from winter.
2. Make sure you remove your makeup. Simple, and pretty obvious, but many girls love to face paint the pillow, finding it too time consuming to wash off their days makeup. But this only causes clogging and skin irritation and can be contributing to your dull skin. Having a good makeup removal process doesn’t need to be a hassle, use a dash of olive oil on a cotton pad as an easy way to remove makeup. Decant a little into a squeeze bottle and keep by your beside table with a stash of cotton pads if you are uber lazy.
3. Get your glow kick started with a detox. This may make your skin look a little worse for a short period of time, but stopping your digestion and doing a juice fast gives your body the time to remove unwanted toxins that have built up from that 'luxe lifestyle' we all live. If juicing isn’t your thing, then ditch the sugar and start munching on Vitamin C rich foods, nuts and avocados to replenish and rebuild the good fats and cells of your skin.
4. Did you know that sweating is a form of detoxing? Think of this the next time you do some exercise, not only are you keeping those kg’s away from your frocktastic body, you are also detoxing and removing excess toxins.
5. Hydrate that skin by making sure you drink plenty of clean, filtered water. Keep that hydration locked in by moisturing daily. Chose one that is rich in Vitamin E, B5 and rich in antioxidants such as Pure Home Body Creme. This provides a nice light oil layer to prevent dehydration of your skin by air conditioners, heaters and the elements. Keeping your skin hydrated reduces the appearance of fine line wrinkles and is a natural way of plumping your skin.